The full day pre-conference sessions will take place on 24 March at Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre. These sessions are specially selected for educators that are looking for opportunities to enhance their professional skills. It will be conducted by industry professionals and university professors. Delegates from both IB Heads World Conference 2018 and IB Global Conference, Singapore 2018 will have the opportunity to attend these pre-conference sessions.
Powerful Presentations – Moving your audience into action
Professionals are regularly called on to stand before an audience to educate, share ideas, present proposals, and provide recommendations. When they do, many fail to do justice to the substance they possess. This intensive one-day workshop, conducted in collaboration with the International Professional Managers Association (IPMA) UK, aims to help professionals to develop the ability to deliver more impactful presentations through effective engagement.
Learn how to:
- Harness confidence and overcome nervousness
- Develop, structure and deliver a compelling presentation
- Perfect and spice up your presentation
- Capture the listeners’ viewpoint
- Navigate through question-and-answer sessions seamlessly
- Utilise audio visual aids appropriately
- Deliver an impactful presentation that will motivate your audience into action
K.C. See Principal Consultant, Quest Group
Paul Ch’ng Managing Consultant, Quest Learning
Developing Leadership Capabilities for Global Education Context
The trends of globalisation – such as increased migration and mobility - are an increasing reality for our schools and creating new challenges for school leaders. Classrooms are increasingly diverse, as are faculty staffrooms. Given the importance of school leadership to teacher effectiveness and student outcomes, what are the key competencies and capabilities which school leaders need in order to successfully guide their learning communities within a global context? In response to the increasingly complex work of school leaders, the IB has recently developed a Leadership Development Framework for aspiring and experienced leaders. This presentation provides an overview of the journey to understand the needs of contemporary leaders in a global context and provide a meaningful developmental pathway to build those essential capabilities for leading schools in a global network.
Workshop participants will:
- examine a case study and draw on their own experience to construct their own set of capabilities as they unpack the latest research
- reflect and provide feedback on the constructs underpinning this new IB Leadership Development Framework
- yield deeper understandings of the complex nature of leadership in schools within an international context
Dr Gerard Calnin
Research Fellow, Graduate School of Education at The University of Melbourne Scholar-Practitioner,
Education University of Hong Kong
More pre-conference sessions will be introduced in the coming weeks. A notification email will be sent to all registered participants.