Diploma Programme at a glance
Are teachers trained to teach the programme?
Teachers may develop their professional expertise by:
- participating in IB teacher-training workshops
- attending regional conferences organized by the IB
- participating in online discussion and special events on the IB’s website for teachers, the online curriculum centre (OCC)
- reviewing relevant support materials published by the IB online and/or in print
- responding to appeals from the IB for teachers to participate in other curriculum-related activities (eg curriculum reviews, collecting samples of student work)
- applying to become an IB examiner for the purpose of moderating internally assessed student work, marking examination papers or marking work submitted by students (eg extended essays)
- applying to become an IB workshop leader.