Diploma Programme curriculum
Group 5: Mathematics and computer science
It is a requirement of the programme that students study at least one course in mathematics; computer science is an elective.
Four courses in mathematics are available:
- mathematical studies standard level
- mathematics SL
- mathematics higher level
- further mathematics standard level which will become a higher level course in 2012 with first examinations in 2014.
These four courses serve to accommodate the range of needs, interests and abilities of students, and to fulfill the requirements of various university and career aspirations.
The aims of these courses are to enable students to:
- develop mathematical knowledge, concepts and principles
- develop logical, critical and creative thinking
- employ and refine their powers of abstraction and generalization.
Students are also encouraged to appreciate the international dimensions of mathematics and the multiplicity of its cultural and historical perspectives.
Computer science higher level or standard level, if chosen, must be studied in addition to a mathematics subject.
The aims of computer science are to develop an understanding of:
- the range and organization of computer systems
- the use of computers in a variety of disciplines, applications and contexts.
The following courses are available online:
For more information on Mathematics HL, visit Pamoja Education’s website
How to enrol
Go to http://www.pamojaeducation.com/admissions to find out more about the enrolment process.