Transcript / admissions contact information
University IB policy
Hillsdale College will accept for college credit the Higher Level Examinations given as a part of the IB Diploma Program under the following conditions:
- Scores of 5, 6 or 7 will qualify the student for the equivalent of a year's credit for the course (6 to 8 credit hours)
- Scores of 4 will qualify the student for the equivalent of a semester's credit for the course (3 to 4 credit hours)
- Foreign Language including Latin will receive equivalent designation and hours dependent upon the placement examinations.
- Up to 8 hours of credit for MTH 213 and 214 for the Mathematics examination at the discretion of the Mathematics Department.
- 4 hours of credit for the Biology examination will be designated as Biology 102 for those scoring 5, 6 or 7.
All other equivalencies are the determination of the department and must be granted by the Department Director. For more information about credit, please contact the Registrar's office.