Becoming an IB World School
Around the globe, schools seek authorization to become IB World Schools, offering one or more of the International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes. IB World Schools have successfully completed an intensive, globally consistent process that enables them to deliver an outstanding IB education.
The authorization process is a challenging, rewarding, and worthwhile journey for the school and its community. The benefits of authorization last long after the completion of the process and equip each school with a roadmap for sustained success.
As a result of this process, parents and students can be confident that each IB World School, no matter where it is located, has:
• commitment to the IB philosophy with a focus on international-mindedness
• a rigorous, comprehensive curriculum encouraging student curiosity and inquiry
• teachers, leaders, and staff trained in the IB programme and philosophy
• school leadership and administrative structures that serve its mission and support the IB programme
• a comprehensive plan for implementation and sustainability of the IB programme.
Once authorized, IB World Schools engage in ongoing professional development and periodic evaluation. They benefit from a wide range of materials and various regional and global networking and engagement opportunities.
Learn more about the process of becoming an IB World School by clicking on the tabs to the left.
Last updated: May 2013
Download Our Authorization Guides