Latest News and events
This section contains news from around the International Baccalaureate® (IB) as well as information for journalists.
- Dr. John B. Bader to join The International Baccalaureate as Chief External Academic Relations Officer
- New Studies Explore IB Students’ Preparedness for Success in the 21st Century
- Educator David Conley and EPIC research team find IB Diploma Programme students better prepared for university
- International Baccalaureate announces increase in diplomas awarded worldwide
- IB pedagogy ignites student interest in participatory citizenship
- University of Western Sydney: Study of critical thinking reveals positive outcomes for IB students
- The International Baccalaureate’s Career-related Certificate (IBCC) shortlisted for 2014 WISE Award
- Access to an International Baccalaureate education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia increases
- The International Baccalaureate appoints Andrew Macdonald as Chief Schools Officer
- ROSHAN THOMAS, pioneering educationalist in Afghanistan, “a hero for our times.”
- IB primary students in Australia demonstrate science literacy above and beyond national achievement scores
- IB graduate takes home Oscar for performance as best supporting actress
- Most of China’s IB graduates attend one of the world’s top 500 universities
- IB Diploma Programme research shows extended essay improves student approach to learning in higher education
- The International Baccalaureate (IB) is awarded the Magisterio Prize for Champions of Education
- New IB research examines the impact of the Creativity, Action, Service (CAS) component of the Diploma Programme in developing civic-mindedness
- The International Baccalaureate wraps up summit on career-related education
- IB announces appointment of new Director General “passionate about international education”
- International Baccalaureate Releases Common Core Relationship Studies
- IB Middle Years Programme develops students and teachers eager to learn and take on new challenges, research shows
- Ecuador’s schools, teachers, and students benefit from in-country expansion of the IB Diploma Programme
- Research shows that the IB Diploma prepares students in Mexico for university success
- Malaysia takes steps to prepare teachers for an IB education expansion
- Japanese Students Obtain Greater Opportunities to Pursue an IB Education
- The International Baccalaureate (IB) announces partnership with Bolton Wanderers and Fronesis Learning
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda finds IB education to be a good fit
for India’s youngest students
- New study explores what it means to be an IB teacher
- UK Students enrolled in International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme stand out from the crowd says NFER study
- IB Extended Essay supports undergrads U Va. academic performance
- IB graduates exhibit signs of a more successful university experience reports Australian Council for Education Research
- International Baccalaureate applauds U.S. efforts to improve education
Please visit our Archive News and Events page to discover past information from the IB community.
Become an IB examiner
Help your professional development. Share our commitment to international education. Become an IB examiner.
Teach at a school
Please visit our schools’ jobs page to discover the latest opportunities in IB World Schools around the world.
IB World magazine
Browse articles from past issues in the IB World archive.